15th Oct 2018
Help us make this Christmas the best Christmas EVER
Do you live in the Sheffield area and are you looking for work this Christmas?
We are building a team of performers, event managers and support staff to deliver Wish Upon A Star with Santa, an immersive theatrical adventure bringing the magic of Christmas to families in Sheffield.
This is a first-of-its-kind event devised in partnership with Meadowhall’s fantastic management team, and we need bubbly, friendly and confident people with events, sales and customer service experience to help us reach for the stars!
We have already cast a crew of professional performers to engage and inspire families, we now need to build our team of positive and proactive customer service staff to welcome people to the event and support with ticketing and the sale of bespoke gifts.
The important new team members we are searching for will need to be available from 19 November through December up until Christmas Eve, working around 5 days per week in shift patterns including some weekends.
Roles available are:
Event Managers (x2)
These are crucial roles, the event managers will oversee the day-to-day management of the experience including staff rotas, ticketing and sales, performance, venue and merchandise sales. It is crucial that the events run smoothly and safely so that visitors to Wish Upon A Star with Santa have a wonderful, memorable time.
Our Event Managers will have:
- Significant relevant experience, a track record in delivering complex events
- Fantastic communication, organisational and problem-solving skill
- Team management and leadership skill
- The ability to keep and cool head under pressure and juggle priorities
- Full understanding of Health & Safety, RAMS and best practice in events
- Experience with Eventbrite would be an advantage
Competitive rates of pay and significant work in the future in on offer for the right candidates.
Sales and Customer Service x 10
We are looking for people with a positive and friendly attitude to provide the wraparound experience to Wish Upon A Star with Santa. The roles include welcoming customer to the events, supporting on the ticketing desk, taking orders for, and assembling, bespoke merchandise featuring family photography and sending customers home with a smile!
Candidates will have:
- Previous sales or retail experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience using tills and managing payments
- Technology literate, having used computers, printers and cameras before
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm in a busy environment
- Enjoy working as part of a team
Successful candidates will be fully trained, offered sales incentives throughout the run and be paid £9.00 per hour.
Interviews will take place in Sheffield, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you fit the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org