30th Mar 2022
Bakehouse is Hiring – Freelance Project Manager
Job Description: Freelance Project Manager
Salary: Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience
Location: Fishponds, Bristol with some UK travel (remote working also considered)
Type: Freelance / Project based
Starting date: Interviews March & April for ongoing projects
Who are we?
Bakehouse Factory is a multi-award-winning creator of interactive theatrical events. With over 10 years’ experience in the delivery of professional, interactive theatrical performance and set build, we bring the magic of the theatre directly into retail, leisure and cultural settings. By joining Bakehouse Factory you’ll work with some fantastic artists, makers and creatives in a truly colourful and buzzing environment.
We work throughout the UK, and, unlike many event companies, Bakehouse Factory does it all under one roof! No two days are the same. On any given day, arriving to work, you will be met with brilliant makers creating costume, writing scripts, designing choreography, and you will pass a workshop full of skilled carpenters, welders, painters or scenic designers. The Bakehouse Factory family comprises a large but close-knit team of highly skilled creators, and a national team of talented performers and event specialists who collectively bring our events to life.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to connect with experienced event producers and event project managers to work with us on some of our larger upcoming projects. We are looking for confident event professionals to join our team for short term contracts of 2 – 4 months to oversee and deliver individual, key, high profile projects throughout the year.
Who will you work with?
We have a talented and friendly team at Bakehouse, and as a Freelance Project Manager you will work alongside all of the departments to ensure the event is delivered to high standard and in a timely fashion. You will also be the main client contact for event delivery, so a high standard of client handling and communications is of upmost importance.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Taking the lead on some of our mid to large-scale creative projects.
- Working from an agreed and signed off initial event proposal, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of the event with our in-house production team, as well as outsourcing where needed.
- You will be the key contact for the client, understanding their needs and balancing these alongside the creative vision of the event.
- You will have an eye for creative input, as well as an excellent understanding of the relevant documentation and protocols needed for events in public spaces / general public audiences.
- You will be responsible for managing budgets from £50K – £500K and reporting on these during and post event.
- You will enjoy the bustle of being onsite for event delivery, with excellent event and people management skills.
We are seeking the right person for the role, and all applications are welcome regardless of gender, sexuality, disability status or age of applicant.
Bakehouse is a boutique agency, with a very creative environment and staff. It’s a place where you can make a big impact. We look forward to hearing from you.